Happy #WeddingTipTuesday! This week we wanted to share our top 10 considerations that you should have when booking your venue. Booking your venue is one of the most important steps in planning your perfect day and therefore should be one of your top priorities! So while you are on the hunt for the venue space of your dreams take into consideration these 10 things!
10. Location- Picking the perfect location that is easily accessible will be very much appreciated by guests who may be driving there! If you know you are going to have a lot a out of town guest then consider looking at venues close to an airport so that it is more easily accessible for your guests to fly to and from their location.
9. Parking- If you do not intend on providing shuttle service to and from the hotel, wedding venue and reception then make sure your perfect venue has enough parking for your guests. It will lower amount of chaos in the parking lot and also ensure that all of your guests are on time to your wedding and reception if they are in separate locations.
8. Restrooms- Although most venues have easily accessible restrooms, some wedding venues do not. If you plan on having an amazing outdoor wedding then you want to consider renting nice portable bathrooms if the venues restrooms are a long walk. You want to make sure your guests can get back out on the dance floor as fast as possible and enjoy the party!
7. Catering Stipulations- When considering your venue you will want to take into consideration their catering stipulations. Make sure you find out if you have to use their in-house cater or if you can hire an outsider cater to provide your needs for the cocktail party and reception dinner. Lastly, it is great to make sure you know when your contract and initial deposit is due, when you should have your first tasting and when your final guest count will be due too! All of these things will help you and your venue’s staff stay organized.
6. Bar Options- If you want to host the “party of the year” then you must make sure you know what your bar options are when venue shopping. Make sure you ask what the bar minimum is or if you have to purchase the alcohol upfront and take home the leftovers at the end of the night. Knowing this will help you plan ahead if necessary to make sure you keep the party going for your guests!
5. Lighting- Lighting is one of the most important decorations at your wedding! Therefore, when you are looking at venues make sure to take note on the lighting structures and how bright or dark they can go. This will help you make the necessary decision if you want to add more lighting to your wedding reception and ensure the ambiance of the night! (The Finer Things Event Planning ALWAYS suggests more lighting; it makes everything look more beautiful!)
4. Capacity and Back Up Space- Outdoor weddings can be absolutely beautiful but weather does not always cooperate. The most important thing to take into consideration when booking an outdoor wedding venue is to make sure the indoor back up space will fit the number of wedding guests and still fits your wedding venue needs. You cannot always guarantee how Mother Nature will be on your perfect day but with the perfect venue that has a great outdoor and indoor space everything will still be perfect!
3. Decor- Picking a wedding venue can be a difficult decision and picking decor to fit with that venue can be even more difficult. Make sure to ask what decor is or is not allowed in your dream venue. Some venues have specific stipulations such as no loose flower petals or they only allow LED light candles rather than real candles. These small details are very important to making all of your decor decisions.
2. Vendors- When booking a venue you always want to make sure if you can bring in vendors or if you have to work with a venue’s preferred vendors. This is important especially if you have already booked you florist, cater, etc.
1. The Fine Print- Signing venue and catering agreements is not like pressing ‘Agree’ to Terms and Agreement when you want to update your electronic device. It is very important that you carefully read through the fine print of all contracts and take note of any additional fees that may be included. By taking the time to carefully read the fine print can ensure that you are not surprised by anything at the end of the night!
At The Finer Things Event Planning we have worked with a lot of different venues around the Central Ohio area. Through our vast experience we believe that these are the top 10 considerations when picking your perfect wedding venue. We always enjoy working with new brides and grooms and helping them pick the perfect place for their perfect day! Happy venue shopping!
Tagged with: Columbus Wedding Planner * Columbus Weddings * the finer things event planning * Wedding Venues